Monday, August 24, 2015

24082015: No longer blue Monday but Black !

Today is no long blue again, but it's black Monday.

Why ?

U.S. stocks market closed deep in the red on last Friday. The index closed more than 500 points. This is the main reasons affected Asia stock markets today. (In fact, not only Asia but worldwide stocks market.)

KLSE and STI closed markets at 1532.14(-42.53) and 2843.39(-127.62) respectively.

Make the thing worst is malaysia exchange rate - MYR/USD was hit 4.00+ whereas MYR/SGD about 3.00+

In this bear situation, I did not do anything to sell or buy at the moment and still like nothing happen. Like what I said earlier post, I used my savings invest into KLSE, not going for day-trade but invest is just for dividend returns.

To be honest, I'm seriously not worry about my market value of portfolio become lesser. I am still holding the company shares as far as they do not declare de-list from the market. But, I will still use my extra money to pump into market. Mostly, I will buy in my existing blue chip stocks to bring down the average share price.

I'm trying to write in simple English in my blog whenever story are related to STI markets and anything about my personal life in Singapore.

The main reasons behind is I want to step into SGX market as for now.

------------------------------------------


Today, I come across the DBS Vickers advertisement at POSB website. This is just nice for me as I am looking for a trading platform badly. One of the things make me consider DBS Vickers and not others is they are giving away $50 voucher for those who sign a new account with them. (T&C apply)


For more information, you all can refer here:-

Start your trading journey with DBS Vickers

*Terms and Conditions

  • This Promotion is applicable to all clients who successfully open a new retail individual trading account (with or without Trading Representatives) with DBS Vickers Securities (Singapore) Pte Ltd (’DBS Vickers’) from 1 August 2015 to 31 October 2015, both dates inclusive. Eligible client will be entitled to receive S$50 worth of shopping vouchers for the first 2 trades done within 2 months from the date the account is successfully opened
  • Each client is entitled to only S$50 worth of shopping vouchers regardless of the number of trading accounts he/she may open.
  • The Promotion is applicable to any trades executed offline through the Trading Representative and online via www.dbsvickers.com, mobile trading and DBS iBanking.
  • DBS Vickers will inform all eligible clients via mail on the redemption of the shopping vouchers by 31 January 2016.
  • All clients will be disqualified from the Promotion if their accounts with DBS Vickers are closed before 31 December 2015.
  • This Promotion is not applicable to existing clients of DBS Vickers, or former clients who had closed their DBS Vickers (either online or offline) accounts after 30 June 2014.
  • DBS Vickers shall have the right to determine whether a client is entitled to receive the vouchers. The decision by DBS Vickers relating to the Promotion shall be final.
  • Employees and Remisiers of DBS / DBS Vickers and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
  • DBS Vickers’ terms and conditions governing trading shall apply. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
  • DBS Vickers reserves the right to revise, delete and/or add to the above terms and conditions, and/or to suspend or terminate the Promotion at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notice to you.
This is a five simple steps to register for a CDP account. 

1Step: Go to POSB/DBS website

2Step: Click on Open new account (DBS Vickers Online Trading Account)

3Step: Click Open a new DBS Vickers Online Account.

4Step: Fill up particular.

5Step: Submit and wait for Trading Representative to contact you.


I guess they might be sending me a hard copy form for me to fill up. Then, I will post out the original form with those supporting documents. Errmm, I shall wait and see on this few days. (first time la!)

$50 shopping voucher can be offset two times commission of transactions. This is how the marketing works.
So, whether worth it or not, up to the person's thinking.

I'm ready for SGX markets while still concern about KLSE market.

How about yours thoughts in today market?




   - J丰 -
24/08/2015


You might also like:-


21082015: My blog was featured in TradeHero Facebook Page


19082015: SGX Education videos for beginner



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome your comments !

欢迎你们的留言!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...